Happy Birthday, Vincent (31-03-06)
So now I waiting for my group members to finish up the report. One of them tells me his gf is screaming cos there are lizards in her room. I wanted to say 'why your gf so ah gua' but I wonder what that would mean. I also remember during sec 2 gep camp there was this stupid thing where we had to put up a skit. Dunno wat odyssey of the mind. My group got pengkie and dom and some hua hui guys and halfway I just went to sleep and let them do the work zzz. I dunno why I did that. I wish I could do that now. I also remember then someone throw chair at the wall. Forget got make hole in the wall or not. I also wish I could do that now. Then I learn something about "project meetings" in arts fac at nus. You can show up anytime you want and it doesn't matter. I also think is better to close one eye and go to sleep instead of reading through your group members portions.

I think I like this painting by van gogh, probably better than Starry Starry Night. Some cafe in some crap place. Dunno where. Italy? Forgot. I noe I had to "analyse" this painting during Suzanne yeo e.lit lesson. Oh. The 5th person to ask me why I so "sad" and I give him the answer the first person told me: because Big Bird ate mourinho (source: glys). Wahahaha that's a good one. Anyways during suzanne yeo lesson andrew sng said "E.lit is all about how much u can bullshit about a painting". Yeah that's right. It's how much you can bullshit about anything in the world. Sometimes you bullshit so well that it touches a chord in your own heart and you get amazed. And get high marks some more, sibeh song. Okay not you. Me. Yah me. Oh the 6th person ask me why I'm sad. Wow I have friends indeed. And I told him the answer the first person...blah blah.
"If you hear a voice within you say "you cannot paint," then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced." --Van Gogh
"Frameless heads on nameless walls with eyes that watch the world and can't forget.
Like the stranger that you've met, the ragged man in ragged clothes" --Don McLean
oh now my friend tells me he exterminated the lizards. whee! celebrate!
But hey Vincent. You know what? You killed yourself man. For all you said about the beauty of life. For all your hurt and pain. I know someone else. When I think of that person sometimes I think of you. The artist always in pain. Oh yes. This quote sums it up.
"a touch is a blow,
a sound is a noise,
a misfortune is a tragedy,
a joy is an ecstasy,
a friend is a lover,
a lover is a god,
and failure is death"--Pearl S. Buck
Yah. But you died, man! Bloody hell! Ya killed yourself. The curse of the artist is his blessing. To feel 10 times what normal people feel, probably to paint it, to draw it, to write it, the only way to soothe the pain. Sing it. Strumming the pain with his fingers, there he was singing my life with his words... Sobs.
Happy Birthday Vincent. Goodnight zzz.

3 Comments:
Pearl S. Buck has a plain but strangely enthralling style of writing... last time got my aunt/uncle/mom's old lit text The Good Earth.
One part that I always remembered was when Wang Lung (i think) the main character (a farmer) robs an "oily, fat" rich man of all the gold in his pockets in some upheaval. Then that man wailed, "Now I have nothing left." and ran away crying as Wang shooed him away at knifepoint. Somehow that touched a chord in me.
Long time ago bothered to google Ms. Buck, if I'm not wrong she was born of American missionaries in China. And also memorised her middle name "Sydenstricker" (I think?) just in case some trivia quiz asks :P Later I check again.
12:57 AM
"One of [my friends] tells me his gf is screaming cos there are lizards in her room."
Later
"oh now my friend tells me he exterminated the lizards."
Hmmmmmmm...
7:57 PM
1. Friend travels very fast
2. Friend has qigong
3. Friend is a lucky guy
1:27 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home