tok cok sing song play mahjong

Sunday, April 30, 2006

A Lecture on Aging

Hi friends, tonight I would like to teach a lesson on aging.

Refer to the below graph which is plotted by finding the average I.Q. of people over time.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Expected? Now what actually happens, if we plot the individual I.Q. graphs of each person (not average):

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Lesson: I.Q. declines little over one's lifespan. There is a sharp drop (meaning one is about to die soon). Great declines occur only with disease etc. By that time probably going to die liao. This also explains why Lao Lee is still able to thrash the group of vegetable birds in that tv telecast open forum.

Enjoy your lives man. Goodnight.

Source: NUS PL3234 Devt Psych Sem 2 2005/2006 A/P John Elliott

2 Comments:

Blogger Gilbert Lim said...

Hmm the aggregate data in the first graph is seriously misleading sia, reminds me of the 15 year-old average lifespans in early Industrial British cities due to high infant mortality.

9:28 PM

 
Blogger Chong Wenhoo said...

actually
the graphs is i draw one
is just to represent a general idea
hahaha
just the gist of it

10:48 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home