tok cok sing song play mahjong

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Question on POSB EverydayCard Ad

U noe the ad got 3 versions one, (1) is at the caltex petrol station then a little girl stick her head out of the car; (2) smiley woman shopping at the supermarket; (3) guy just waking up

The first few times I saw it I felt that there was something weird with the ad...then when I started observing, is it something about the camera perspective? I dunno the exact term, I think is because normal camera they shoot the picture u see is like a flat picture, this one they do it such that the scene becomes something like the surface of a sphere: the focal point of the camera (theoretical centre of the sphere) appears much closer to the viewer than it actually is. Then the other parts appear farther away from the viewer than reality. If I not wrong, it works similar to our eyes (dunno single eye or both eye). Focal point clear, further away from focal point become more blurred. Whereas normal camera shoot is the whole scene appears more flat liddat. Yes? No? If you've seen the ad, tell me what u think, thanks.

2 Comments:

Blogger Meepok Man said...

i haf yet to c the ad, but wat u described sounds like the fisheye lens, its something they use to slightly warp the image around the edges, so it looks cool. u search and c, check whether it matches wat the ad has

10:51 PM

 
Blogger Chong Wenhoo said...

hmm my mistake...
it seems only distorted along the x-axis, but not the y-axis...

12:48 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home