tok cok sing song play mahjong

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Trying to inspire myself here

Sometimes life is moving along at such a fast pace that I really feel totally overwhelmed. So many things that have be done, but so little time to do them; so many things I would like to do, yet don’t have the courage to; so many things that should have been done, so little heart to do them. Trapped by the myriads of chores, lost and confused in the labyrinth of life, it’s so easy to be consumed by a sense of hopelessness and emptiness, and often I find myself thinking what life is really all about.

Then suddenly I thought about Forrest Gump. I don’t know why. I remember this part of the story, when he just felt like running, and so off he went on a run that lasted for the longest period of time anyone has ever knew, never stopping to rest, and somehow, for one reason or another, becoming an inspiration for many along the way.

And somehow, for one reason or another, I find it most inspiring as well. Don’t think so much, just do. Don’t be afraid, just go. Don’t be held back by fear, fear of failure, fear of rejection, fear of not knowing what lies ahead. Maybe life isn’t as smooth-sailing as we would like it to be, but maybe as we plough through it, life will sort itself out. YES, THAT’S IT! CHIONG AH! GO GO GO!

"Life is like a box of chocolates" - Forrest Gump

3 Comments:

Blogger Chong Wenhoo said...

*finger pumping action*

9:10 PM

 
Blogger Alvin said...

Haha ur post brought a smile to my face siah~ Anyway just to share, female friend was recently complaining in her msn nick that it sux being a girl and she wished she were a guy. Hmm.

N boy i loved forest gump sia. 'fruit company'. Ok that was a geek reference yay.

So what is it that you haven't done today? night cycling, perhaps?

9:37 PM

 
Blogger sg_fjords said...

Forrest Gump remains my all time inspirational show. It's bliss sometimes to be able to have everything simple.

10:05 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home