Dream Country
If -- Bread
I had some difficulty finding the song because I thought when someone was telling me the song title he was saying "Eve".
Anyway, I liked this line:
"If a man could be two places at one time,
I'd be with you.
Tomorrow and today, beside you all the way."
*clap clap*
----------------------------------
Recently finished this comic. I can't say I'm really a fan of Neil Gaiman. He's most famous for writing (not drawing) the Sandman comics, featuring the 7 of the Endless: Dream, Death, Despair, Delirium who was once Delight, Desire, Destiny, Destruction. The sort of main character is Dream aka Sandman / Morpheus. I find his works usually interesting, something like a constant buzz that will keep me going through to finish it, and his ideas are often unique, but I think it usually lacks some sort of meaning / happy ending thingy. I guess I still prefer pop fiction. Some individual scenes he writes out are very gripping and very vivid, especially those with really dark themes, just that overall after finishing each story it just feels somewhat empty. Anyway if you're a fan of the fantasy genre, I guarantee you will like his works. He was asked to write the english script for Mononoke Hime.---------------------------------------------
"I'm writing this on the fine edge of that blade that's consciousness on one side and dream the other, that thin silver horizon where you hover right before falling asleep, and right before completely waking. Neil Gaiman lives here all the damn time...he exhales into word balloons the visions that flash only fleetingly across our gaze and then are gone with the next memory. Dreams of what we've loved and lost, dreams that are more vivid than our lives, dreams that tell you they aren't dreams..."
Steve Erickson
---------------------------------------------Sometimes upon waking from some dreams I really ask myself if whatever happened in the dream was for real, because it felt so real. The feeling of the dream that lingers in the mind. There are times when I go about my day I end up confusing certain events from my memory, and I have to think abit to reason out whether they actually came from my earlier dreams...
"It never happened, yet it is still true. What magic art is this?" --Puck when first seeing A Midsummer Night's Dream, as part of one of the stories in Dream Country.
I wonder if we live just to dream. Because we understand the pain of reality. The numbing boredom and the emptiness. Only then can dreams make so much sense. Time to dream. Gdnite zzz.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home