tok cok sing song play mahjong

Thursday, November 10, 2005

OMG and Biochemistry

Today was the biochemistry theory paper. 3 hours of pure hand-blistering writing. Personally the 6 questions took up about 20++ pages of writing. But the funny thing that happened today wasnt the paper itself...

Rewind to H -2. Two hours before the paper. Everyone with half a brain are mugging and cramming the last bits of MTX, TmPPP, EGF, TNF, JAK, STAT, POMC, PPAR, IRF and IFNs into their tiny skull at Wentworth Building (an over-glamous name for a building with a canteen and no edible food). I myself was doing some last minute revision when I went, "O-M-G!". Guess what the response was?

Half the table started wondering in confusion trying to find out what OMG stood for. I sat there amused for a while. A few questioning answers were brought up. Oligo-something-something. Something-mono-glutamate? etc etc. I nearly died laughing.

Moral of the story: State of mind affects your thought process.
And i hereby vote OMG as acronym of the day for 10th Nov 2005.

p.s. for you curious freaks and my own awesomeness:
MTX, TmPPP, EGF, TNF, JAK, STAT, MSH, PPAR, IRF and IFN stands for
MethoTreXate, Thulium Triphosphate, Epidermal Growth Factor, Tumour Necrosis Factor, Janus Kinase, Signal Transducers and Activators of Transcription, Pro-OpioMelanoCortin, Peroxisome Proliferator Activating Receptor, Interferon Response Factor and InterFeroN.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home