If you have today's (250805) Strait's Times
...look at the front page of Life! There's a 4o person there. You don't have to look very hard.
------
Life in NUS #Idunnowat
TO CSQ: Eh. I don't think you asking ppl for reasons to stay in school is the same as ppl actively trying to make you enthusiastic about school. In stats we call that experimenter bias. Did I mention that I love school?
Yes, it sounds crazy, but I actually enjoy my lectures. When NUS first started I thought I would have to force myself to stay awake or even attend lectures. Alone, too. I don't think my lecturers are lousy, some are old fogeys who talk bloody slow and seem boring and I condemned them at the start. I dunno why, but after I made the basic effort to attend and stay awake...I found almost everything interesting. Even topics like indian politics or microscopic strands of bacteria with impossibly long names. It was as if when my lecturers talk, I can feel their passion for the subject, imagine, those old fogeys who have been in the field for so long liao until their hair all white.
Come on man, if you study South Asia or microbiology or whatnot all the way up to PhD, I don't believe you'd be doing it for money or whatnot. You gotta love the subject. And you gotta be eccentric in some way. Yeah, I can feel their love for the subjects. That's why I respect them, and I am willing to listen to what they have to teach.
Maybe engine is different, because I AM THINKING THAT MAYBE PERHAPS POSSIBLY those people who go study engineering subjects simply dunno what they wanted to do with their lives when they were younger. Or can say that application-based subjects are harder to make interesting than knowledge-based subjects? Hmm but my favourite module now is a stats module. The lecturer is a young man who talks like he wants to beat people up, and talks like he thinks the whole world is stupider than him. I love his lectures.
Could it also be because my timetable is damn slack? Or I just managed to psycho myself? Whatever it is, I LUV SKOOL! I LUV U, NUS! WOOHOO! CHIONG AHH! CHIONG LECTURE!! PIA AIR CON! WHEEEE~!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home